A few days after the announcement of Nintendo Direct, the first official information has finally arrived on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, the new chapter of the successful Monolith Soft JRPG series. Released in September only on Nintendo Switch, this third chapter will also be able to count on a large cast of characters, all traveling with a common goal in a world ravaged by a bloody war.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will be a sequel to the first two chapters and lead players to Aionios, a world inhabited by two hostile nations: Keves and Agnus. Keves is a progressive nation where mechanical technology has been developed, with organized armies made up of units where war vehicles are predominant. To control the territory, Keves uses small arms patrols operated directly by the soldiers. On the other hand, Agnus is described as a nation of magical technology. The kingdom’s armies are specialized in combat with the ether and used small mobile and autonomous weapons powered by this technology.
In a beautiful world but worn by the war between these two forces, mechanical and magical, the two protagonists’ journey begins: a soldier from Keves named Noah and a warrior from Agnus named Miyo, both accompanied by two long-time friends. Below you can read the description of the characters, as reported by Nintendo.
- Noah: Private Keves is one of the protagonists of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 . Noah is also a “passer,” charged with mourning the soldiers who lost their lives on the battlefield.
- Lanz: An ally of Noah who wields a great sword, which can also act as a shield.
- Yunie: a childhood friend of Noah and Lanz, has a strong personality and never hesitates to say what she thinks. She specializes in healing her allies in battle.
- Miyo: The other protagonist of this story, Miyo, is an Agnus soldier and a passing down, like Noah.
- Taion: A tactician who fights alongside Miyo, harnessing his intelligence and insight.
- Sena: an allied soldier of Miyo and Taion. Despite her petite stature, Sena hides immense physical strength.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is in the late stages of production and will be completed in the summer. The game is scheduled to release in September 2022 on Nintendo Switch only.