Ubisoft announced that the unprecedented online mode for Watch Dogs Legion would be released for free on March 9 through an update for all players who own the game for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC (via Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store). Along with the additional content, gamers will have access to the following new features:
- Cooperative open world where you can join your friends in teams of up to four members, explore the London map, find events, and participate in challenges and side activities.
- Cooperative missions for two to four players with new team play mechanics give players the option to recruit the ideal teammates and face threats spread across the most iconic English capital locations.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first cooperative Tactical Operation for four players, consists of five interconnected narrative missions made for players looking for a bigger challenge. It will take teamwork, a lot of strategies, and effective communication with teammates to win.
- Spiderbot Arena, the first Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode available in the game. In it, four players control armed spider bots and compete at high intensity in eliminatory matches.
Upon completing any online activity, players will earn XP to increase their ranking and unlock various rewards, such as exclusive cosmetics and points of influence to recruit new characters or upgrade their DedSec devices.
On March 9, players who purchased the Season Pass will also have access to two exclusive single-player missions:
- Guardian’s Protocol: DedSec tracks an algorithm that allows artificial intelligence to replace human decisions. If they don’t find it soon, it can turn armed drones into autonomous killers.
- Not in Our Name: A secret group is misappropriating the name of DedSec. If that were not enough, they are also stealing information so that their boss, the owner of an unscrupulous newspaper, can use it to blackmail his victims.
As part of Watch Dogs Legion’s robust 2021 post-launch plan, all players will have access to future free updates, such as Invasion PvP mode, new co-op missions, and characters. Season Pass owners will also have access, this year, to extra DedSec missions, expansion of the Watch Dogs Legion – Bloodline story, and heroes like Mina, a guy who has the ability to control people’s minds and do experiments; Darcy, a member of the Order of Assassins, and Aiden Pearce and Wrench, old acquaintances of Watch Dogs players.
In Watch Dogs Legion, London is facing its worst moment. In the midst of growing unrest in a city overtaken by chaos, a mysterious entity known as Zero-Day sets up the secret underground resistance DedSec to be accused of conducting coordinated bombings in different parts of London. In this scenario, opportunistic criminals from all corners of the city take control of the place and fill the defeated rulers’ void. As members of the DedSec Resistance, players will face sadists, mercenaries, and cybercriminals, among other enemies, and will need to be ready for a variety of situations, in addition to recruiting new companions in the fight for London’s freedom and to unlock the secrets behind Zero-Day.