Here’s what they said about the game:
- According to the executive producer of the game, Fleur Marty, while the combat system of Gotham Knights is different from that of the Batman: Arkham games, some of its mechanics will still be familiar to avid Batman gamers;
- Gotham Knights abandoned Freeflow (the so-called combat system of the Batman: Arkham series) for the sake of cooperative play: the combat system of the “Knights of Gotham” was created from scratch, taking into account the cooperative;
- The developers of the game created the open world of Gotham, taking into account the fact that it will contain up to two players at once;
- All four heroes (Batgirl, Nightwing, Robin, and Red Hood) level up at the same time regardless of who you play. This is done so that you do not “get stuck” on one character, but have the opportunity to try out the game for all of them without the need to pump each Knight separately;
- Heroes can be changed almost at any time of the game by going to Belfrey – the base of the Knights of Gotham;
- According to Patrick Redding, the game’s creative director, for Warner Bros. Games Montreal was a dream to be free to create their interpretation of the world of Gotham for the game, and DC supported them in this;
- In the Gotham Knights universe, Bruce Wayne has been Batman for 15 years.
Gotham Knights is going to be released sometime this year on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, and Xbox One.