Finally, on May 27, 2020, the developer of Wargaming officially presented submarine, as one of the classes that you can try in the game World of Warships. Of course, with this submarine’s presence, it will provide a differentiator for the course of the game, the article has a great potential to change the strategy and meta in this one game. Therefore, on this occasion, Genvel will give guide on using Submarine in World of Warships.
Submarine Maneuver Becomes the Key
The main thing that you must master to use submarine successfully is to learn the ship’s maneuverability/movement. Unlike the ship class in general that uses WASD as its primary control in maneuvering, the ship as long as itself has a few additional buttons to be able to rise to the surface with F and C to dive in the water. Meanwhile, to lock the position of the ship, you need to press Ctrl + F or Ctrl + C. So that in using a submarine, your maneuverability will hold the game key because this ship has a mode on water and in the water where these two modes have different abilities and use.
When on your surface, you will have the advantage of making it easier for you to find your enemies’ location freely, given the clearer distance displayed. So when you are in the mode on the water itself, it is more intended to observe the area and determine the right strategy to defeat your enemies.
While in the dive mode itself, it is intended as an attack mode, considering that when you are in the depths of 6 to 30 meters, your ship’s position will be more difficult to detect by enemy ships, so you can quickly attack. Selin that when entering its diving mode, can only be known by submarines only has enemies.
Where when on water alone is the right time to determine the location of enemy ships and set the attack strategy? As for the diving mode itself, it is devoted to executing enemy ships.
Save Your Battery!
Batteries in the ship as long as itself a feature that you must master in addition to Sonar Ping in using submarines. The battery function is shipped as long as it functions as the main power of this ship. You can not continuously move at full speed in diving conditions or use Sonar Ping because it will use up the battery you have. Where when you run out of battery power, you will lose the Sonar Ping function from your submarine.
So your ability to manage battery usage will be the key to maximizing all submarine capabilities. Therefore you must regenerate the battery while maintaining the speed of your ship ¼ or enter the surface mode.
Using Sonar Ping
To maximize the Sonar Ping feature, you have to master battery saving tips from the previous point, considering Sonar Ping itself is a crucial feature to attack enemies. The main thing that you must learn before using Sonar Ping is, make sure that your enemy is within the target range, which will be indicated by an arrow. When you make sure your target is locked, the torpedo will attack your enemy. And if you manage to secure your target with Sonar Ping, your torpedo attack will move more optimally and provide maximum damage to enemy ships.
The ship that you lock with Sonar Ping itself has 30 seconds before you shoot it. Your accuracy in executing attacks using Sonar Ping is the key to maximizing attacks from submarines. Besides, Sonar Ping itself has two types of attacks, namely, full and slow attacks, as well as short distances but move quickly.
Required Techniques You Must Master When Using Submarine
- The H button will provide information about the details of your submarine. Make sure you get information on the condition of your submarine before entering the fight.
- To maximize playing submarine, you must pay attention to the use of batteries and your strategy to map enemy ships’ positions.
- Warships are more useful for targeting large ships that have slow movement.
- Avoid ships that have fast changes, because they can avoid attacks from your torpedoes.
- Be sure to attack the ship in front of you, because the submarine’s main weaponry is at the front of the ship.
- Before carrying out an attack, make sure you have prepared an escape route first. Given the submarine itself has a movement that is less fast, so that the enemy will quickly attack you. Therefore, preparation for an attack is the primary key.
- Even though the tragedy has been locked by Sonar Ping, it doesn’t mean that the offense you launched will hit the target.
- Submarine-owned torpedoes have deficiencies in turning attacks. So make sure your objective is precisely in a straight line.
- For long-range attacks, be sure to fire torpedoes first before using Sonar Ping.
- All torpedoes will immediately attack the target when Sonar Ping has locked the target.
- Ping sonar can be said to be a double-edged sword, although it makes it easy to lock down a target, using sonar ping will make you easily detected by the enemy.
- There is nothing worse than being caught by an enemy, and this is because the submarine is so vulnerable to enemy ship attacks. Ammunition, bombs, and secondary guns, from enemy ships, can quickly sink your ship. So that straight into battle without preparation is not a way to play using submarines.
- If your position is detected by enemy aircraft, your location will be indicated by a circle.
- The destroyers and cruisers will be equipped with underwater bombs, making these two ships your natural enemies. Make sure to keep moving during the battle, so that your position is difficult to detect by the enemy.