Among Us is a party game made by Innersloth that has recently been widely played by new players from all over the world, which currently has its fanbase on several social media platforms such as Facebook and Discord.
The premise of this game is the same as Werewolf, Resistance, Avalon, or Mafia games in general, which at the beginning of the game, you will be joined by one of two camps, and in this game, the two camps are Crewmate and Impostor in a research place in outer space.
You could say this game is quite simple but quite tricky at the same time. Crewmates have tasks to complete, and Impostors have the job of sabotaging and killing each of the Crewmates. Here are some tips and tricks that Genvel wants to share to win the game!
Crewmates always have original tasks they have to complete before and after the Impostors kill them. Some things to consider as a Crewmate are:
- Pay attention to the Tasks Bar – Tasks is a series of minigames you need to complete to add a Task Bar. The UI is dark green at the top left of the screen. The more tasks that are completed, the sooner the game will end. If you die, you can still complete the job and communicate with other dead players as well. Attempt to complete Tasks to help improve the Crewmate team’s Task Bar.
- Perform Emergency Task Immediately – Emergency Task will appear if there is an Impostor who sabotages a room. The main objective is to trap players to a certain room and find Crewmates who do not leave their initial work or kill people who come to the Emergency Task location. Emergency Task has the risk of the game ending in victory for the Impostor camp if it is not completed within the specified time, so make sure you and your friends finish it before the round ends in ridiculous ways.
- Remember Map Layout – You can choose one of three existing maps, including The Skeld, Mira HQ, and Polus. Each of these maps consists of interconnected rooms and corridors. Below is the layout. Remembering each map’s rooms and corridors will help you detect where the Impostor went after the victim’s body was found.
- Don’t be alone in the same room – Sometimes alone is better. Instead of quoting jones’ nickname, this is one of the strategies Genvel uses to survive and stay away from Impostor during the game. You can’t always trust anyone in this game. It could be that those who are very active in the chat or report the corpse are even the Impostors, plus the difficulty when working on tasks because each task always covers almost your entire screen. Always stay away from people who approach you or always follow you and find a room with crowded people, because you will be safer if you are in the same room with other crewmates.
- When the task is done – There are a few things you should do when your task is done. Some of them are checking the CCTV camera screen in the Security room, checking the number of people in all rooms in the Admin, or following other players you consider Crewmate. By checking the screens in Admin and Security, you can find out how many and who are the people who enter certain rooms, and by following other Crewmates, it minimizes the possibility of Impostors to kill you or your teammates. But remember, always be vigilant, even if you are alone.
- Beware of other players at Meeting – Impostor likes to pretend they are innocent, even though they are wolves in sheep’s clothing. Don’t want to go along with voting for other players before there is evidence or a plausible story, because you could harm your team.
It is entertaining to be an Impostor, apart from this role you can rarely get, you can play “aggressively” with this role, and you can also play mind games on your “crewmates” so that it makes them confuse themselves. Here are some things that Genvel would like to share if you can become an Impostor:
- Fake Tasks – Impostor always has a list of fake Tasks at the top left. Please don’t underestimate this task, because it can be your alibi during the meeting. Always visit these places and remember where certain positions are carried out to strengthen your alibi.
- Take advantage of the Sabotage Feature – The Sabotage feature can help you save yourself from precarious situations or assist you in committing assassinations. Or even finish the game quickly by sabotaging some of the map features such as consuming oxygen, closing room doors, turning off lights, and so on. So this feature can only be used by Impostor and can hamper the work of Crewmates by adding a new impromptu task, which must be completed in seconds. Amid the panic, that’s when you ambushed your prey.
- Escape with the Vent System – This system can help you escape crime scenes or enter certain rooms without having to circle the map quickly. Each Vent will connect 1 to 3 points and make sure that you don’t go out or enter the Vent if someone can notice your presence in the room because the Impostor can only use this feature.
- Play Psychological Crewmate – A good impostor is a manipulative Impostor, and depending on the type of player, you can master the game by influencing other Crewmates. The following are some of the Impostors that Genvel encountered during the game using creative methods such as:
- Self-reporting – Reports your victim and blames other closest players so that other Crewmates always kick the player, and if they are hungry, they immediately leave the game without completing all their tasks.
- Take advantage of suspicion – It is not uncommon for a Crewmate to follow someone he suspects to be an impostor. Some Impostor players usually immediately take advantage of this condition, accusing those who follow him as Impostors when the victim’s body is found or Emergency Meeting, so that all the players’ attention is on the player. As a result, he could be kicked out of the game by voting on the suspicion.
- Give Fake Stories – Every game, Impostor will sometimes give fake stories that mention where he is or his tasks. To do this, the Impostor must remember the map layout and specific tasks in each room to strengthen his alibi and make him even more doubtful as an Impostor.
- Killing Spree – Run around the base and find the players who are doing the task alone, kill, and leave the scene as soon as possible. But be careful, this strategy can work if you understand Vent and if almost all Crewmates are passive and only focus on doing tasks.
- Keep Calm – Stay calm and watch your Kill and Sabotage button cooldowns. Get over the good traps, remember all of the Vent routes, don’t immediately get hooked if someone pretends to be playing and says “how to get into Vent like you,” and don’t trust anyone, including your Impostor friends.
Of course, these are just a few tips and tricks that Genvel can share with you. Hopefully, they can help you win the game round and find more effective and creative ways.
You can buy this game on Steam or play it for free via Android and iOS. This game provides multi-platform features, so there is a chance that you will meet PC users.