The quest The Desert Labyrinth can be found in The Legend of Zelda – Breath of the Wild. This shrine quest is completed successfully and reveals the hidden Dila Maag Shrine within the Gerudo Wasteland area.
This shrine quest can be started by entering the South Lomei Labyrinth at the eastern end of the Gerudo Desert, between Mount Granajh (at the foot of Daval Peak) and the East Barrens.
You have many options to reach the South Lomei Labyrinth. The ground route is most popular through the area known as Champion’s Gate, which is located North of the Keive Tala Shrine. To paraglide down to Labyrinth from the Wasteland Tower or Spectacle Rock, you can also follow the path through the high mountains to the Southeast. However, be aware that Bokoblin snipers guard the high walls.
- You can enter the South Lomei Labyrinth by going to the main entrance in the north. You will fly down to the entrance if you choose to take the mountain route.
- The steps are below the shrine. But don’t look straight.
- Instead, make your immediate that will lead you to the labyrinth’s outside wall.
- You should still be in the main labyrinth if you make a left.
- Continue walking until reaching an opening on the left wall of the inside labyrinth. You can’t miss this entrance.
- Follow the steps to make a left.
- You will see a patch of blight as you descend the steps. You can climb over it if desired or continue straight until your next right through the doorway.
- Turn left and then right to cross the hall. Then, go out of this area to the long hall with some blight on your left. Instead of ending up in the hall next to the first pool, go right. You can now continue along the Southeast side to turn right.
- Jump down to enter the doorway that leads to your left.
- When you enter the doorway, make a right and go straight until you’re forced to make a left.
- You will find a greater portion of Ganon’s essence in the hallway. You can climb around or go safer by climbing to the left just in front of the Blight. Then, enter the inner maze.
- You will need to take an immediate right, then a correct one to go up some steps to reach the left. Once you reach the wall, proceed right to another long hall.
- You should be able to see two light posts at the top of long steps when you make that left (you are almost there).
- Jump down the steps to reach the light posts.
- Continue straight until the end of the hallway, where you can only turn left.
- Take out and walk down the hall until you reach a large section of Ganon’s essence. This is too high to climb, so don’t try running through it.
- Make a left at your doorway before you get to the essence.
- Jump up the steps to reach the floor.
- Take a right at the hole, and then go down the steps.
- Continue to the bottom for your right and make another left.
- You will find an opening for your right if you make that left.
- You will see the barrier that you used to get around to your right. So continue left along the hallway. If you can climb around it, you should continue.
- You will see more essence if you turn left at the end.
- It is best to ignore it and put it right before the essence.
- You’ve done it! You can enter the Dila Maag shrine to receive your Spirit Orb and one of the Barbarian armor sets from the treasure box within the shrine.
- Do not leave the maze yet! There is a valuable treasure hidden in it. You can find a Gold Rupee (300), a Gerudo Shield, a Golden Claymore, a Golden Bow, a Gerudo Scimitar, and a Silver Rupee (100).