Lone developer Eric Barone has released the biggest update to Stardew Valley to date, bringing much of the late-game content.
In general terms, the innovations of update 1.5 look like this:
- split-screen co-op (you will need huts for other players on your farm),
- new characters,
- new goals,
- many new items,
- new type of tasks,
- new location of the farm – on the beach,
- new game settings,
- new character events,
- new community development,
- rebuilding your home (after you completely improve it),
- ducks can swim now,
- you can sit on chairs,
- you can move your bed,
- aquariums for fish,
- tons of new furniture and new types of it, such as wall lamps,
- new secrets,
- nine new compositions,
- much more.
Baroni wants to keep the specific content of the update a secret – they say the players themselves must discover the new items. However, if you want to spoil your surprise, you can still check out the huge patch notes, which also lists numerous bug fixes.
Until January 5, 2021, Stardew Valley is sold on Steam with a 33% discount.