A mod for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive was created, which recreates the games from the wildly popular series on Netflix – Squid Game.
The tool is available from the Steam Workshop. The map is designed for a maximum of 64 players, so a slightly smaller number of daredevils than in the original production, but the authors tried to make up for the limitation above by fairly faithful recreation of the competition. Here are the games that are available as part of the mod:
- Red, green – a killer game of “one, two, three, Baba Yaga is watching”
- Cookie – players must cut the indicated shape out of the candy
- Tug of war – two teams, the loser falls into the abyss
- Balls – The classic game of betting on an even or odd number of balls in the opponent’s hand
- Glass tiles – players must move through a series of glass tiles arranged in two rows; always, only one is strong enough to stand on.
Interestingly, the mod recreates the games and the rooms in which they took place. The work is said to take several months.
Reviews about Squid Game in CS: GO are very positive, and in the comments, users are already asking the authors to add more competition from outside the series.
Recall that Netflix is considering the preparation of the official game based on Korean production. However, no specific plans have been disclosed.