Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Mimimi Games announce the release date of Aiko’s Choice, the long-awaited standalone expansion for the acclaimed tactical game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. On December 6, 2021, the fifth anniversary of the original game’s release, players will once again be sent to Japan’s ancient capital, Edo, to accompany adept kunoichi Aiko and her killer friends on a ghost hunt from her past.
A new introductory trailer for Aiko’s Choice summarizing the events of the base game (potential spoilers):
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – Aiko’s Choice focuses on one of the protagonists of the basic version of the game – the adept kunochi Aiko. She is a master of camouflage, and one of her basic tricks is to distract the guards with a geisha disguise. While Aiko was sure she had abandoned her former life, her ex-sensei, the cunning spymaster Lady Chiyo, comes out of the shadows to challenge her. Faced with the threat, Aiko, along with a group of her deadly friends, sets off on a journey to deal with the ghosts of the past …
The expansion includes three full-fledged main missions, set in completely new environments, and three shorter cut-scene missions.
As in the main game, the player takes control of a team of deadly killers and sneaks in the shadows between dozens of opponents. He chooses the right tactics to infiltrate enemy bases hidden in forests or bustling Edo-era towns. Sets traps, poisons, and distracts enemies or avoids them altogether. She must carefully plan her every move and use ingenious strategies to defeat her enemies and complete each of the challenging missions on the way to discovering Aiko’s past!
- Return to the beautiful world of Shadow Tactics featuring Japan from the beginning of the Edo period.
- Meet your favorite characters again and set off on the final journey related to the storyline of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun with them.
- Enjoy a previously unknown story focusing on the great kunoichi Aiko as she faces a dangerous adversary linked to her past.
- Play three full-fledged main missions in completely new locations, as well as three shorter, cut-scene-style quests.
The extension includes all the features of the main game:
- Led a team of completely different characters with unique skill sets.
- Synchronize your team’s actions to strike enemies simultaneously with Shadow Mode.
- Use attacks that will kill your enemies or keep them alive.
- Discover tons of ways to take out your opponents or sneak past them.
- Choose the difficulty level that suits your skills.
More information is available on the official Steam page of the add-on.