Square Enix today released several details of Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. You can find the official information below.
- The title is not a Theatrhythm because the team wanted to use the models of the characters of the games and not something stylized in 2D;
- There will be no unpublished songs, but some songs like the one on the main menu and the credits, will have unprecedented rearrangements by Yoko Shimomura;
- Kairi will be the storyteller;
- Tetsuya Nomura confirms that the Kingdom Hearts team is working on something new in the series. They are also trying to celebrate the franchise’s 20 years in 2022 in some way.
Check below the official information via Square Enix.
Melody of Memory
A world of memories guided by the power of music. The player visits each world for Gummi Ship and melody. Collect the “Rhythm” in each world while looking at the memories. The mysterious power woven by the melody creates memories, and memories become the world and bring back to life the adventures that have happened so far.
Many characters from the Kingdom Hearts series can be played in Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. Outside the “Original” cast, you can switch between parties at any time, once unlocked.
How to Play
Press the buttons to match the tempo of the enemies and the musical notes. You will receive a score of “Excellent,” “Good,” or “Error” for each button based on your time. If you receive a “failure”, your HP in the lower right corner of the screen will decrease and result in an “Endgame” wholly exhausted. Try to avoid making mistakes while searching for the highest score.
“Music Select,” which is one of the game’s main modes, has three-game control styles to choose from:
- Normal Style – The most basic game style. Play with standard controls that use multiple buttons.
- One-Button Style – A one-button play style where each action can be performed on the same button, recommended for players who want to focus on the pace without being distracted by all the buttons.
- Performer Style – a challenging game style with complicated button sequences that use more than the normal style. Recommended for players who prefer more technique.
Around the World (World Tour)
You can visit the various worlds of Kingdom Hearts memories to get new music and history films in this mode. Each song offers three difficulties to choose from Beginner, Standard, and Proud. Unlocked songs can be played at any time in Music Select, and the history movie can be viewed at the “Museum.”
Choose and play your favorite songs from unlocked songs. Practice your favorite music, and then challenge it in the greatest difficulty.
A gallery where you can view collection cards and history films, listen to music through the Jukebox, and more.
Combine the pace to defeat enemies while running at the top of the notation line. Use various actions, such as skills and airstrikes, to defeat enemies in a scenario formed by memories.
Immerse yourself in the memory videos and enjoy a sense of immersion as if you were connected to the video, inserting buttons to match the targets.
Defeat the boss by hitting targets. By successfully hitting targets covered in black auras, you can avoid the boss’s special attacks.
Online Versus and Versus with Friend
“Online Versus” is a competitive mode that you can play online with distant friends. This mode includes an exclusive element called “Tricks” that allows you to obstruct your opponent, creating fierce battles for the highest score.
Trick: Hide Guide
Hides the time guide on targets.
Trick: HP Change
Changes the HP of the player and the opponent.
Compete for the highest rank against the computer in this offline mode. Win three times while competing against five parties to increase your ranking. Try the highest ranking: Platinum Rank 1.
Double Play mode
Play cooperatively with a friend on a screen using two controls. One player controls Sora, while the other controls Riku. Cooperate and stay in sync as you search for the highest score.
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory features over 140 songs, which will be announced gradually before release.
The following can be confirmed so far:
- “A Day in Agrabah”
- “Arabian Dream”
- “Destiny Islands”
- “Go for It!”
- “Hand in Hand”
- “Olympus Coliseum”
- “To Our Surprise”
- “Traverse Town”
- “Under the Sea”
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
- “Castle Oblivion”
- “The Force in You”
Kingdom Hearts II
- “Darkness of the Unknown”
- “Savannah Pride”
- “Schezo Di Notte”
- “Sinister Shadows”
- “The 13th Struggle”.
- “I came and Vigor.”
- “Working Together”
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- “The Other Promise”
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- “Another Side -Battle Ver.-“
- “Secret of Neverland”
- “Vector to the Heavens”
Kingdom Hearts Re: coded
- “Wonder of Electron”
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- “Enter the Darkness”
- “Hau’oli, Hau’oli”
- “Rage Awakened -The OriginThe Encounter -Birth by Sleep Version”
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- “All for One”
- “L’Impeto Oscuro”
- “The Eye of Darkness”
Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage
- “Wave of Darkness I”
Kingdom Hearts III
- “Let It Go ~ Ari at Mama De ~”
Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World Tour- Album
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory will be released on November 13 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch.