Remember the good times of Playstation 2? When we memorized the long sequences of R1, R2, L1, L2, ready to unlock all the weapons and vehicles on historical titles like GTA: San Andreas? Well, Rockstar has decided to honor tradition in its Red Dead Redemption 2.
Forget the long input lists: there are two very specific methods to “cheat” in the Far West.
First of all, you can “unlock” the codes by finding them written in the newspapers that you can buy from vendors around the game world, thus making them appear in the pre-filled list of Cheats.
Furthermore, it is possible to find engravings in the wood and other clues that are nothing more than codes to be entered in the appropriate menu: to be able to type them access the settings, then press triangle on PS4 or Y on Xbox One; at this point, all you have to do is write the code, almost like a command console, to achieve the desired effect.
Keep in mind that all the objectives and trophies of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be disabled by activating the cheats, as now happens in every Rockstar title. Here is the complete list of all 33 cheats and codes in the game:
- You flourish before you die: Restores Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye
- Better than my dog: Allows you to call the horse from any distance
- Run! Run! Run!: Spawns a racehorse.
- You are a beast built for war: Spawns a warhorse (Found in the Blackwater newspaper, following the events of the epilogue)
- You want something new: Spawns a random horse.
- You want more than you have: Spawns a better horse than the one in possession.
- My kingdom is a horse: Maximizes bond with all horses
- Keep your dreams simple: Spawns a chariot
- Keep your dreams light: Spawns a horse and a chariot
- Would you be happier as a clown? : Spawns a circus wagon (Found in issue 73 of the Blackwater newspaper)
- The best of the old ways: Spawns a stagecoach
- Make me better – Unlock Dead Eye-level 2
- I shall be better – Unlock Dead Eye-level 3
- I still seek more: Unlock Dead Eye-level 4
- I seek, and I find: Unlock Dead Eye-level 5
- A fool on command: Get drunk
- Greed is now a virtue: Get $ 500 instantly
- Abundance is the dullest desire: Infinite ammo
- The lucky be strong evermore: Infinite stamina
- Greed is American Virtue: Unlock Heavy Weapons (Found in issue 29 of the New Hanover newspaper)
- A simple life, a beautiful death: Unlock Small Arms (Found in issue 27 of the New Hanover newspaper)
- Death is silence: Unlock stealth weapons ( Found in issue 27 of the New Hanover newspaper)
- History is written by fools: Unlock Schofield, Double Action Revolver, and Double Barrel Shotgun (Found in issue 27 of the New Hanover newspaper)
- You long for sight but see nothing: Unlock the entire map. (It is found in the first numbers of the Lemoyne Gazette)
- Vanity. All is vanity: Unlock all clothes
- Share: Unlock all upgrades for the camp
- Eat of knowledge: Unlock all crafting recipes
- You seek more than the world offers: Makes Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye cores golden (Found in issue 68 of the Blackwater newspaper)
- Seek all the bounty of this place: Increases Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye
- Virtue Unearned is not virtue: Instantly increases honor ( Found in issue 67 of the Blackwater newspaper)
- You revel in your disgrace, I see: Instantly diminishes honor ( Found in issue 27 of the New Hanover newspaper)
- Balance. All is balance: Bring honor back to the center
- You want punishment: Increase the size
- You want freedom: Reduces the size