Insomniac Games has published a new update for Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. The patch does not add new content but merely corrects some bugs and technical problems that have emerged in recent weeks and are reported by the community.
Update 1.002.001 fixes bugs in the graphic interface, problems with controls, backgrounds in Photo Mode, and much more, as well as improving general stability
General Fixes & Polish
- Addressed an issue where the UI would not appear when using the Jukebox
- Addressed an issue where the wrong hero would load, which could lead to progression being blocked.
- Addressed an issue where inputs would not work after completing a Clank puzzle
- Addressed an issue where Ratchet could fall indefinitely while traveling to Corson V
- Addressed an issue where NPC voices could disappear
- Addressed an issue where the single color background in Photo Mode would not appear
- Reintroduced the wrench throw tutorial on Challenge Mode playthroughs
- Addressed an issue where the wrench & hammer would not appear in Photo Mode
- Addressed an issue where a collected Lorb would not be counted
- Addressed an issue where the hero could access weapons while in Zurkies bar
- Addressed an issue where unlock stickers could become locked again in Challenge Mode
- Addressed an issue where a gold bolt would be rewarded without completing the Glitch puzzle
- Addressed an issue where the Fully Stacked trophy would not be rewarded if the Pixelizer is the last weapon to be unlocked.
- Addressed an issue where the player could become stuck on a black screen indefinitely
- Improved stability
- Various additional fixes and improvements
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart was the best-selling game in June in the USA. The title of Insomniac Games was launched exclusively on PlayStation 5, enjoying considerable success with audiences and critics and becoming one of the most acclaimed PS5 games of the year and Returnal by Housemarque.
You can read our Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart review here.
A recent update has introduced support for 120Hz and 40fps in fidelity mode. The studio is continuing to support the game with new patches and updates for the moment. However, no additional content seems to be planned but only maintenance updates. The developers have more Sometimes claimed to have no intention of publishing DLC and that the game is complete, but who knows that there may not be events, challenges, or missions to keep the community alive in the future.