Recent reports have been confirmed. Sony representatives have officially announced that the digital versions of the games available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable will soon disappear from the PS Store online store. Below you will find the content of the message with the most important information.
On July 2, 2021, we will close PlayStation Store on PlayStation 3 consoles and on August 27, 2021, on PlayStation Vita devices. Additionally, the remaining purchase functions for PSP (PlayStation Portable) systems will be withdrawn on that day.
What features can I use after the PlayStation Store and purchase features are closed on PS3, PS Vita, and PSP?
Features you will still have access to:
- You will still be able to download and play previously purchased games again.
- You will still be able to access previously purchased video and media content.
- You will still be able to redeem vouchers for games and PlayStation Plus.
- You will still be able to download and play PlayStation Plus games again as long as you continue to subscribe to this service.
Features you will lose access to:
- You will no longer be able to purchase digital content for PS3, PS Vita, and PSP, including games and videos.
- You will no longer be able to make in-game purchases via PS3, PS Vita, and PSP games.
- After you close the PlayStation Store and disable purchases on PS3, PS Vita, and PSP, you will no longer be able to redeem PSN wallet top-up vouchers (such as gift cards). The PSN wallet funds will remain in your PSN account but can only be used to purchase PS4 and PS5 products on the PlayStation Store online, on the PlayStation App, or PS4 and PS5 consoles.
How do I access my games?
You can download your content to your PS3, PS Vita, or PSP from the respective device’s download list.
You can find answers to many additional questions regarding this extremely important issue on the official PlayStation website.