Phasmophobia has received a new update that makes the game even more difficult. Specifically, it makes ghosts behave in a somewhat more aggressive way during games.
A few months ago, it was confirmed that the successful ghost hunting game would receive a patch that would allow the spirits to hear the voices of the players and search for them around the stage based on this information. Now the patch is available.
All the news of the new Phasmophobia update
Specifically, these are all the changes and news that we will find with the new Phasmophobia update :
- The ghost will now follow you around corners if it has lost sight of you rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now listen for player voices when hunting and will search those locations. This will not work if you are not the banshee target.
- The ghost can now open lockers and closets outside of a hunt.
- The ghost will now open doors, closets, and lockers during hunts. This can be stopped by holding the door; however, the ghost can still walk through room doors like usual.
- Slightly increased the ghost’s chance to wander on all difficulties.
- The ghost will now search around the location it last saw a player rather than searching a random location.
- The ghost will now target any player that gets close to it whilst it’s already chasing another player.
Additionally, these other changes have been made to Phasmophobia on Professional Difficulty :
- Professional Difficulty: You will no longer be told if the Ghost responds to groups or only if you are alone.
- Professional Difficulty: The power will now always start.
- Removed the dirty water objective as it was too hard to get. It will remain as extra photo evidence.
- Removed the temperature objective due to the temperature changes listed below.
- The Activity Monitor will now show an estimated value rather than the true value.
- Glow sticks will now have the same brightness when you are holding them as when they are thrown.
- Improved ghost orbs movement so that they stay inside the room longer and are easier to see.
- EMF Readers will now give random values during hunts, similar to how the flashlight flashes during hunts.
- The ghost appearing and walking towards you will now count as a ghost event.
- Dead players will no longer count towards the average sanity. Instead, alive players will now lose 15 sanities each time a player dies.
- Lowered the resolution of the photos to help with lag spikes when taking the photo.
- The $50 photo reward challenge has been changed to be a total $50 reward over multiple games.
- Banshees will now hunt like other ghosts and target any player when its target player is outside.
- Improved how the bone spawns to help prevent it from spawning in unreachable locations.