Soon Oddworld: Soulstorm will receive an overclocked version and thus make its debut on Microsoft platforms. Oddworld Inhabitants has announced the exact release date of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition.
This production will hit PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X on November 30, 2021. Since April, the basic version of the game has been available for PC, PS4, and PS5, so owners of these platforms can count on a free upgrade to the Enhanced Edition. Check out the new trailer for the release date below.
You play as Abe, a hero against his will who unintentionally triggered the massacre and must now lead the other Mudokons to fight for freedom against the Magog Cartel and the rulers of the planet.
Whether he’s ready or not, the fate of the entire Mudokon species rests in Abe’s hands. Accept his destiny and provoke a social transformation, or surrender and watch his entire race be destroyed – the choice is yours.
Discover huge cinematic scenery and a 2.9D environment filled with breathtaking visuals. Collect supplies, craft weapons, solve puzzles, and lead all your followers safely to freedom.
- Platform Action-Adventure: Developing the platformer genre by adding RPG-lite elements, the title gives players the freedom to play, allowing them to play both aggressive and more passive.
- Narration: A dark plot with a twisted sense of humor, emphasizing the irony present in human reality.
- 2.9D: Massive epic environments that you can explore as you delve into the world without the limits of a traditional 2D sidescroller platformer.
- Quarma: Quarma is a feature that reflects your actions in the game and will impact the final fate of Abe and his followers.
- Scavenger Economics: Loot enemies, loot lockers, and search trash cans for resources. Exchange them at vending machines to earn products that will give you more freedom to overcome the numerous challenges in the game.
- Crafting: Use the acquired resources and products from vending machines to create items that you can use as weapons or tools to deal with enemies and obstacles you encounter.
- Strength in Heap: The more followers you save, the stronger the uprising will be. Give your crafted items to your followers. It’s up to you to decide whether they’ll be aggressive or passive.
- Gameplay: Intense action platformer combines with stealth mechanics and puzzles hidden among the levels. Choose whether you want to smoke, blow up, or try to get around obstacles – but be careful, as deadly elements of the environment and enemies lurk at every turn.
- Leaderboards: All levels offer a rating system, leaderboards, and badges.