2K revealed the first information about new features and modes that will be in NBA 2K22. One of them will be a groundbreaking story campaign combining the modes of MyCAREER and The City; the game update system on the dance floor and other functionalities were also mentioned. The next announcements will be released in August and September, presenting more gameplay information in the upcoming installment of the best-selling NBA basketball simulation.
- Gameplay: Playing on the dance floor gives players more control when it comes to scoring points. Actions and combinations in offense have been improved, as well as the ability to counter them in defense;
- Seasons: Among gamers’ favorite modes, the Seasons mode returns, allowing players to pursue their basketball ambitions long after the game’s launch. More content, more rewards, and more ways to play;
- MyTEAM: The extended mode gives MyTEAM players more ways to create and compete with their dream squads. New challenges, rewards, and events make each season fresh and unique;
- New City: The largest online basketball community is getting overhauled. Enter a brand new city that is vibrant, action-packed, and interactive;
- New Neighborhood: On PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC, players will compete in a brand new Neighborhood on the huge decks of a sailing passenger ship;
- MyCAREER: The all-new City and MyCAREER become one in a groundbreaking story campaign on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S;
- MyNBA and MyWNBA: Lead the winning club by ensuring the staff is as strong as the player squad.
NBA 2K22 will arrive on September 10 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. For more information, visit the official NBA 2K22 website.