Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics released the 1.05 update for Marvel’s Avengers.
The major update about the PS4 is the new Backup Save functionality. Available in the settings menu, this option will store your save every hour. If you have problems with corrupted save or something, revert to what is in that option. This is not true for pre-patch saves that are experiencing problems. This option exists because Marvel’s Avengers does not have a manual save.
The update also fixes a problem with the Square Enix Members interface appearing frequently and improves online.
At the foot of the update, Square Enix lists the issues it knows exist. Among them is that of “falling infinitely” when you enter the Avengers Initiative. The fix is being worked on, but if you fall into this bug, do this:
- Ask a friend who is also part of the Avengers Initiative to invite you to your team;
- Get your friend in line for a mission with you on the team and start it;
- You may end up showing up at a different location than your friend. If this happens, ask your friend to reload the Checkpoint;
- Complete the mission;
- After the mission, exit to the main menu;
- Enter the Avengers Initiative again and reload the Checkpoint.
You can see more patch notes and known issues (such as unlocked clothing appearing locked, among others) on the official website.