Modus Games publisher and developer Sketchbook Games have announced that Lost Words: Beyond the Page will be released on April 6, 2021.
Lost Words: Beyond the Page is a narrative-driven, atmospheric puzzler set inside the pages of a young girl’s diary. Following an immersive story by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett, players guide an aspiring author through the wondrous fantasy world of Estoria, where words wield immense power. In Lost Words: Beyond the Page, players interact with the words themselves to solve challenging puzzles and unique platforming segments to progress through an evolving landscape.
Winner of over a dozen game awards and accolades, players will leap through the diary pages to uncover an emotional tale of loss and personal growth that will test the protagonist, Izzy, as she embarks on this highly decorated, groundbreaking adventure.
Lost Words: Beyond the Page will be available for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC for $ 19.99.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Navigate beautiful 2D worlds set inside a young girl’s diary by walking on the words and using them as tools to solve different puzzles.
- Immersive Storytelling. Traverse an emotionally moving and fully-voiced narrative by renowned games writer Rhianna Pratchett as the player makes decisions that shape the events that take place in Estoria.
- Breathtaking Visual Style. Discover the watercolor world presented in the pages of the diary and the vibrant fantasy world of Estoria.
- Innovative Gameplay.Harness words to alter the environment create a safe passage for the protagonist in a unique and refreshing platforming style.
- Meaningful Exploration. Gather firefly collectibles scattered across the lands of Estoria for an additional challenge.
- Award-Winning Gameplay. Winner of over a dozen accolades, including Best Indie Game, Best Casual Game & Most Original Game at Game Connection Paris, Special Selection Indie Award at Reboot Develop, and UKIE’s UK Game of the Show at Gamescom.
- Emotive Soundtrack. Featuring a fully orchestrated score recorded at Ocean View Studios in Nashville, written by David Housden, the Ivor Novello and BAFTA-nominated composer of Thomas Was Alone.