SNK Corporation announced this Wednesday (2) that The King of Fighters XV had been postponed to the first quarter of 2022. Originally, the new KOF would arrive in 2021.
Yasuyuki Oda, the SNK Producer, explained that the planned schedule was affected by the growth of COVID-19 cases in Japan. The final decision was that the team should prioritize product quality above all else. Therefore, the launch had to be postponed.
Since the beginning of the year, SNK has announced the characters of the new game almost weekly. See some that have already been revealed along with their respective teams:
- Team Art of Fighting: Formed by Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, and King
- Team Orochi: Made up of Chris, Yashiro Nanakase and Shermie
- Team Fatal Fury: Formed by brothers Terry and Andy Bogard and Joe Higashi
- Team Sacred Treasures: Formed by Chizuru Kagura, Kyo Kusanagi, and Iori Yagami
- Team Hero : Formed by Benimaru Nikaido, Shun’Ei and Meitenkun
- Team Ikari: Formed by Ralf Jones, Clark Still, and Leona Heidern
Until then, it has not been revealed for which platforms The King of Fighters XV will arrive.