This Thursday, players got to know a little more about Knockout City, a new game from EA and Velan. During Sony’s State of Play event, it was possible to see more of the dodgeball game’s high-energy multiplayer fun.
The Velan Studios team is also happy to reveal that a Knockout City crossplay beta will take place April 2-4, giving many other players the chance to duel on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S. In this next beta, they will be able to immerse themselves in everything they loved since the first beta and more, including new game features like the Back Alley Brawl map, the Sniper Ball, epic customizations and the 1v1 Face-Off game list.
In total, the crossplay beta will include four maps, five different balls, two modes (3v3 and 1v1) and will unlock more customization items. Fans can sign up here with more details soon.
The new gameplay trailer revealed during Sony’s State of Play event shows the new gameplay features that will be included in the beta crossplay and what makes Knockout City different from other multiplayer experiences – positioning, game time and work in a team. Here are some of the highlights:
- Treacherous throws to catch your opponents off guard, like the dreaded Fake Throw
- Ultimate launches that throw your teammates in the air for a great instant knockout explosion on impact
- A deep progression system that offers hundreds of options to modify your style based on your personality and the personality of your team
- A look at some of the maps of Knockout City, where different environments have unique mechanics for the combats that can take place
- Special balls that keep the game interesting, like the Sniper Ball, which hangs on map targets, the Bomb Ball, which will explode on your opponent, and much more
- A variety of modes to play, including 1v1 and Team KO with 3v3 action
Knockout City will be released on May 21, 2021, with a free trial of the full game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC via Origin and Steam PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S via backward compatibility. The free trial gives players the chance to try the game before purchasing it, with all the progress carried over.
After purchasing the game, users will have free access to new content each season, including new maps, modes, balls and more, adding a lot of value to the starting price.