Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have launched 1970s-based cult management sim, Honey, I Joined a Cult into Steam Early Access. As an architect of a new and groovy cult, players design everything from the ground up, from the deity they worship to the location of the energy spa; no detail is too small for the cult leader to decide.
Running a lucrative cult is no easy feat, though: the leader’s ego, local law enforcement, government agencies, and angry protestors all threaten the all-important bottom line if not managed correctly.
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organization’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – fiery apocalypse or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
You can wishlist Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now ahead of the game’s launch at 5 pm BST (9 am PDT, 12 pm EDT, 6 pm CEST) this evening.