On this page, we have put together various tips for Hades. They concern many important elements of the game, including exploring the dungeons, unlocking weapons, or upgrading your hero. Thanks to our starting tips, it will be easier to find yourself in the game world.
Mobility in Hades is crucial. It would be best if you constantly jumped between enemies, traps, or bombs. When you stand still, you can expect a sudden attack. But she remembers that jumping is much more effective than moving because it provides inviolability.
At the beginning of the game, focus on collecting Chthonic Keys. Thanks to them, you unlock new weapons, thanks to which you can constantly develop your hero. The first approaches to the game – if you choose between a key and gems or gold, always reach for the keys.
You can earn gifts by strengthening your relationship with the gods. Thanks to the nectars, your relationships will improve. Each gift affects your hero’s strength and stats. Remember that gifts have levels. Do not cross out a given acquaintance when you receive a gift. Continue talking to the characters and deliver newer and newer doses of nectar.
Orders from the home contractor
The gems and diamonds you get while escaping are mainly used to pay the Contractor. Thanks to it, you get new improvements and functions of the base and new bonuses for future escape attempts. These upgrades have an impact on health or resources, but also on unlocking certain locations in Hades. Focus on:
- The Fountains Chamber for Tartarus;
- Prophecy leaves.
Talk to everyone
After each approach, go to the gods and talk to them. Remember that Hades has a story layer that is worth exploring. By talking to characters, you can unlock new characters, dialogues, skills, and new options available in the game.
As you travel underground, you may come across three special merchants, one for each major region.
- There is Sisyphus in Tartarus – he will give you some health, darkness or gold;
- There is Eurydice in Asphodel – it will strengthen your current gifts or increase the rarity of the next three received;
- Patroklus awaits in Elysium – replenishes Death Defiance supplies, health and increases damage.
Pay attention to the signs on the door
After you finish your room, you can get your choice. There are signs on the doors directing you to specific rooms. It’s up to you what you want to focus on. You have to choose what you need at the moment – shop, gifts, or weapon upgrades.
Test various upgrades and weapons
Thanks to the keys, you will unlock new weapons. Thanks to them, you can test different combat types because each weapon works in a specific way. Some of them are great for long distances, and some for short distances only. Find out what suits you best and develop the weapon to get the most benefit from it.
Always be vigilant
Many opponents in Hades have phases or waves. You need to be constantly on the move and not believe in good fortune. Many enemies can hide in the corner of the room and attack you when they least expect it.
The hammer of Daedalus
Daedalus hammer is used to upgrade the character’s weapons. It’s a good idea to take them whenever the opportunity arises. You can get the hammer as a reward or buy it in the store. Remember that it will be a better idea to collect it for free to save other items.
During the game, you can get two hammers. Remember that not all upgrades can be combined.
There are four types of gifts that you can only get after meeting certain requirements. Special requirements most often include removing the curse or obtaining certain gifts. Special gifts cannot be upgraded with Power Grenades:
- Duo – requires gaining given gifts from several gods. Only after that can they be offered by any god and, after their acquisition, trigger a dialogue between the couple;
- Legendary – requires certain gifts from a god. Ultimately you can get the highest blessing;
- Chaotic – requires entering the Chaos Gate and defeating the curse. Unlike other upgrades, Chaos Gifts can be received more than once per run, and the effects are cumulative.
- Bulldy – after talking to Sisyphus, you will go to Moldy to give him Nectar. You will receive a special gift from him.
The gifts you get from Hermes affect your stats. They can improve your speed, reflexes, dodges, and various attacks. Remember always to take the gifts he offers you.
You can also read Hades Review right here.