Although the premiere of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy is scheduled for tomorrow, Rockstar has still not released specific gameplay material from the remasters. However, extensive gameplay has already appeared on the web.
Over half an hour of shots from GTA 3 revealed by “okayjosh” on YouTube, apparently from the PlayStation version. We get a glimpse of the very beginning of the story campaign, with Catalina’s betrayal, escape from prison transport, and several missions.
The gameplay has not changed much from modified shaders, a darker city, and an increased texture resolution. GTA 3 has always been the most “arcade” version of the famous series, and it probably will not change.
There is also gameplay from Vice City:
Among the novelties, there is also an extensive GPS with a route to a selected point. The creators informed about such a function on the pre-release list of innovations and improvements.
- Pad control with GTA 5 style occupancy.
- Improved shooting and aiming.
- Updated wheel for selecting weapons and radio stations.
- Updated mini-map, with the ability to navigate to selected points.
- Ability to instantly reset the mission after a missed attempt.
- Achievements at Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Higher texture resolution: from weapons to characters, to buildings and streets.
- Completely rebuilt lighting and shading system.
- Better water and weather effects.
- More details of trees and plants.
- Longer draw distance for objects.
Changes on individual platforms:
- Resolution up to 4K and 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S.
- Nvidia DLSS on PC.
- Touch camera control and gyroscopic aiming on the Nintendo Switch.
It’s worth hurrying up with your viewing – Rockstar will probably remove the movies. The publisher – as mentioned – did not publish the shots from the game but yesterday prepared a set of gif files for use in various corners of the web, with characteristic scenes from the series.