At the end of last year, the creators of Children of Morta revealed their plans for the development of the game, and in May, the first major update was released. However, the developers want to expand the title much more, and Paws and Claws have just been announced.
Under this name, there is an extension focused on the protection of animals. The Bergson family has always been happy to look after various pets, and the latest addition will allow players to create a shelter. This is where new characters will appear – the players’ task will be, among other things, feeding the animals.
This is what Karol Kała, producer of Children of Morta, said about the DLC:
“Paws and Claws is a type of content that fully reflects our philosophy. Animals were a significant part of the original story in Children of Morta, so enriching your relationship with them felt like a natural move. And working with an organization like Humane Society International fits in perfectly with the mindset of 11-bit studios because we believe that a company that produces games with a message should also take action that matters.”
It should be noted that Children of Morta Paws and Claws is the first paid expansion, but all proceeds from its sale will go to Humane Society International to save animals around the world.
Here are the details of the DLC content:
- Animal Shelter – adds a completely new part of the house
- A herd of various animals will visit the Bergson’s – deer, foxes, birds and more
- New mechanics – use treats to feed and care for animals
- New Bergson animal buffs (bonus experience points, increased movement speed, and more)
- New interactive events at the family home
- Over 100 new animations showing the lives of your new animal friends
Players can also count on free content as part of the Treasure Pack:
- Six new Blessings
- Eight new items: Protection Talisman, Iron Leather and more
- 12 new Divine Relics: Burning Edge, Ferocious Shards, Wand of Protection and more