Playtonic Friends and Fabraz are thrilled to not only officially announce that 2nd November will be the simultaneous launch of the incredible 2D/3D platformer Demon Turf for PlayStation 4 / 5, Xbox One / Series S/X, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam and Epic Store).
Not only that, starting today, Demon Turf Trials will be relaunching on Steam with the chance for top-ranked players to win a free Steam copy of Demon Turf at launch.
Demon Turf Trials throws down new challenges for players more than a mere demo and presents a fresh leaderboard to climb. Make it to the top of the board and be immortalized with a personal portrait in the main game and the chance to win a Steam key for the full release.
Demon Turf Trials will run three unique challenges in the lead up to launch:
- 19th October – 4th November – Demo Speedrun Challenge: Top 5 best times (with video evidence ) win a Steam key
- Trial 1 – 21-28th Oct – Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
- Trial 2 – 28th Oct to 4th November -Top 3 on the Leaderboard receive a Steam key
Demon Turf brings a truly fresh take on the platform genre with its hybrid 2D/3D art style, a world chock-full of humor and style, punky attitude, and incredible focus on replayability & ever-evolving challenge. Taking the role of Beebz, a 1000-year-old demon, players must reclaim the numerous turfs of the Demon world, defeat the Demon King and claim the throne for themselves.
Demon Turf is a unique offering with its community & replayability at the very core of its development- the full game will boast:
- Self-placed checkpoints – Show off without them for a perfect run, or place one in preparation for a challenging section. You can even teleport between these checkpoints if you missed a collectible along the way!
- Return Levels – a brand new take on progression, take a victory lap and explore previously beaten levels to discover their liberated state, with plenty of mechanical and environmental changes to uncover
- Physics-driven combat – How do you defeat the demon hordes when none of your attacks are lethal? A special physics-driven combat system that ramps up the chaos and fun. Push, pull and spin your enemies out of your way and down cliffs or into spikes.
- Mouth-Watering amount of side content – 50 specific locations/characters to line the walls of an empty gallery. Fend of 25 arena challenges worth of enemy waves. Tackle 10 Demon Soccer Golf courses that put a bizarre twist on ball-pushing puzzles. Collect eight cartridges to unlock remixed throwback levels from glorious 3D platformers of the past
Demon Turf will launch on PC (Steam and Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch, the Xbox family of consoles, and Playstation 4 & 5 on 4th November priced at £19.99, € 21.99 & $24.99.