Actor Norman Reedus said in a press conference that Kojima Productions has already planned the work on Death Stranding 2 . Reedus also said he is currently in talks to reprise his role as Sam Porter in the upcoming sequel. There is no official confirmation, but given his proximity to Hideo Kojima, it is not difficult to believe the actor’s words.
It would appear that Kojima Projections has decided to continue focusing on Death Stranding with a sequel. If the words of actor Norman Reedus are to be believed, this is exactly what Kojima is planning.
Speaking at a press conference for The Walking Dead’s eleventh season, Reedus acknowledged the development of Death Stranding 2 apparently without being asked. “I think we’re doing a second Death Stranding,” Reedus reported, stating that he is currently in talks to reprise the role of Sam Porter, the protagonist of Death Stranding.
Given that Reedus reports that he has not yet officially signed the project, Death Stranding 2 is, if any, far from being officially announced.
Reedus’ words confirm, albeit not direct that Kojima Productions will be working on a sequel to Death Stranding. They are obviously not an official confirmation, but Reedus is unlikely to be confused on the matter given his friendship with Kojima and their past work together.
If there is any evidence that Kojima Productions will move forward with a Death Stranding sequel, it is likely in the upcoming release of Death Stranding: Director’s Cut. The Director’s Cut will introduce a variety of exciting new content and new story missions that focus more on combat.
Last week’s Gamescom trailer for Death Stranding: Director’s Cut also loudly anticipated something else to come, but until the September 24 launch, it’s all speculation and nothing else.
Death Stranding: Director’s Cut will be released on September 24 on PS5.