The Pacific Era of Call of Duty: Warzone is here! Activision has presented in a new blog all the details about the new Caldera map, from the different areas to a good amount of screenshots of different specific locations. This Pacific island will be the map that replaces the classic Verdansk region located in eastern Europe.
At first glance, the map appears the same size as Verdansk, which was already quite large. The image also shows the points of interest. These names are the ones that will appear in “augmented reality” style when players are about to jump out of planes or helicopters. We do not know if Activision has plans to change the jump vehicle again. History lovers will have work for a while as this map is set in World War II. What secrets will it hide?
Below we share a gallery with many images that detail what some locations will be like.
Activision has announced that Call of Duty: Vanguard owners will have access to the Caldera map 24 hours prior, on December 8, to the official launch. Players who do not own Vanguard will be sent to the (smaller) Rebirth Island in the meantime. Once Caldera officially launches, Rebirth Island will be deactivated for an unspecified time … but Activision says it will return throughout the first season of this new Pacific Age.
And what content will come with the new map? Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific will have a lot of work to manage all the battle royale content. The new map will arrive at launch accompanied by 40 weapons, 38 from Vanguard, and more than a dozen operators based on Vanguard characters. A new gas pellet is included that releases the same compound that forms the area of the circles.
Both the equipment and loot on the map can only contain Vanguard weapons, so forget about the modern weapons you have used so far in Verdansk.
In addition, Activision has also prepared a long list of changes to the battle royale game mechanics to adapt the experience to the new map and offer a renewed game experience. The most important changes are:
- Modified the speed and radius of the circles to be able to implement the aerial combat correctly.
- Any player who wins a game of gulag will respawn with the weapons and equipment they acquired from the gulag, rather than a pistol by default.
- The ” Dead Silence ” ability has been modified.
- Stun grenades, sensors, and other melee weapons such as Kali and Sali have been modified.
- Gas masks will not interrupt “as many” actions as before. This is an issue requested by the community, and that has decisively affected several competitive games.
- Players’ footsteps on the ground can now be tracked, although shallow water will hide them even if you use a tracker. If the gun comes into contact with water while shooting, it will smoke, which could give away your position.
Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific will be released on December 8 for Call of Duty: Vanguard owners and on December 9 for all other players. As announced by Activision, the arrival of the Pacific should also spell the end of hackers in the battle royale.