Call of Duty: Vanguard has not yet debuted on the market, but there is much unofficial information about Modern Warfare 2 – next year’s installment of the series from Infinity Ward.
The source of the news is an internet user named RalphsValve. The game is a continuation of the reboot of the modern installment of the 2019 series and will tell about the fight against the Colombian drug cartel in the story campaign.
The production will allegedly offer a morality system modeled on the solution from Red Dead Redemption 2 – the decisions made are to influence the course of the story. According to unconfirmed details, the title will focus on a realistically depicted brutality with the loss of limbs and opponents trying to stop the bleeding during the fight.
In addition, the player’s ward will react to stressful moments when he is caught in an ambush, the character’s hands will start to shake, and he will have problems inserting the magazine. An animation of a jamming weapon is also planned.
Most of the information was confirmed by the editors of the VGC. However, journalists’ sources argue that some details are just speculations based on the presentation of an early version of the project. For example, the morality system and excessive brutality will appear in the shooter, but only in a few missions, and will not play a significant role in the entire campaign.
The portal claims that the story in production is darker than in Modern Warfare from 2019. The players are rumored to play again as members of Task Force 141. The soldiers will face the Colombian cartel, and classic tanks, jeeps, and planes will replace rubber military boats and small helicopters, more effective in infiltration missions.
Other information provided by the VGC:
- moments with jamming weapons and a terrified hero will make it into the game, but they are supposedly one-time sequences;
- Infinity Ward has improved the artificial intelligence, and enemies will scream, curse the player’s character and hold their wounds;
- Along with Modern Warfare 2, the free Warzone will feature another third map. The location will consist of areas from, among others, the second part of the original trilogy. It is not clear, but the arena will probably replace the board related to Vanguard – Activision does not want to offer several at the same time;
- For the needs of next year’s part, a mode is being prepared, which in terms of assumptions resembles the Hazard Zone from Battlefield 2042. Players will face other users and artificial intelligence by achieving the set goals. The struggle is said to take place on a new map with Warzone. The module has been in development for several years and will most likely replace the zombie variant;
- The classic multiplayer will include elements of the refreshed version of the network mode from the previous Modern Warfare 2 – according to speculation; the project was created. Still, it was canceled, and the remaster elements will go to the new game. Renewed boards and weapons are planned;
- in the multiplayer variant of next year’s installment, operators will return, i.e., characters with unique appearances and features. The characters and villains from the story campaign will appear among the characters.
Activision has not yet commented on the news.