Back 4 Blood open beta will be available with early access from August 5 to 9th for those who pre-ordered the game. Players can register on the official website for a chance to rejoin the early access session. The open beta will then continue from 12 to August 16 and will be available to all players. Both sessions can be played on Xbox Series X / S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PS4, and PC. Below is the trailer for the Open Beta:
In detail, the Back 4 Blood Beta Open Beta will include the following content:
- Two maps for “Swarm” PvP mode
- Two co-op maps to fight the Haunted with your friends
- Play as Ma for the first time, as well as other Exterminators: Gospel, Holly, Walker, and Hoffman
- Play as six different variations of Haunted in “Swarm” mode, including Thumper, Vomitator, Bile Spit, Detonator, Crusher, and Sharp
- Various weapons to discover, cards to create decks, and Haunted to slaughter
- Explore the Fort Hope Joint Center
- Cross-play and cross-gen support
The open beta will include the brand new PvP mode, “Swarm,” in which two teams of four players face off in a series of rounds, swapping roles between Exterminators and Haunted. Among the various Exterminators, the Open Beta will offer the possibility of playing Ma, a very useful character for the whole team. For the Infested, at least 6 different characters will be available, more than the current 4 on the official website.
As we have mentioned, it will be possible to participate in early access from 5 to August 9 by pre-ordering the game. If you are lucky, you may be provided with one of the codes by registering on the official website. The official release of Back 4 Blood is scheduled for October 12, 2021.